FERROCEMENT WATER STORAGE TANKS
* Constructed using Ferrocement plates
25 mm – 30 mm thick manufactured on machinery set up under controlled conditions
* As strong as Steel plates
* Totally Waterproof
* Joints strong
* Constructed underground ground level terraces, Towers
* Towers most efficient against earthquake and wind
* Self Wt. of tower less by about 50% of R.C.C.
* Life time Durability.
* 15 – 20% less cost vis-à-vis R.C.C.
Ferrocement Structurals score over Steel Structurals
* There is no corrosion phenomena.
Our Nation spends Rs.240,000 crores every year on corrosion
* Reinforcement of Ferrocement Structure is variable as per stress Development along length of structural member. Hence reduction of steel material. Steel structural has constant material content along its length
* Easy to manufacture
* Economical in the long run
* Plates of plate girder and stiffeners incorporated during manufacture
* Reduction of mining of iron ore from mother earth
* Reduction of carbon dioxide generation at 1.5 ton per ton of steel production
* Energy saving
* It is economical Therefore Ferrocement structures are superior to steel structures