- 1 How can I keep my house cool in summer without AC in India?
- 2 How can we keep our house cool in summer in India?
- 3 How can I keep my house cool in the summer without AC?
- 4 How can I keep my house cool in summer?
- 5 How can I cool my apartment without AC?
- 6 How can I cool down a room without a fan?
- 7 How can I cool my water without a refrigerator?
- 8 How can I cool my house naturally?
- 9 Where should a fan be to cool a room?
- 10 How can I cool down my bedroom?
- 11 How can I lower my room temperature without AC?
- 12 How can I keep my house cool without AC at night?
- 13 How can I reduce the heat in my house?
- 14 How can I reduce the hot air in my house?
How can I keep my house cool in summer without AC in India?
How to keep your room cool in summer WITHOUT AC or cooler!
- Freeze your sheets! Well, this has to be the best trick to stay cold on a sweaty, summery night.
- Try ice water bottle.
- Cotton to the rescue.
- Go commando.
- Try this Egyptian technique.
- Create ventilation.
- Water to the rescue.
How can we keep our house cool in summer in India?
Wet shades and curtains: Open your windows and lower the shades/blinds. Using cloth clips, clip all the sides of the curtains or shades to the window and sprinkle water all over, to let the hot loo turn into cool breeze as it enters your abode.
How can I keep my house cool in the summer without AC?
7 Tips for Cooling a Room Without AC
- Keep the Windows Closed and Covered.
- Shut and Insulate Your Doors.
- Don’t Use the Oven.
- Swap Your Light Bulbs.
- Use Fans the Right Way.
- Manage the Humidity.
- Let the Night Air In.
How can I keep my house cool in summer?
The long, hot summers of India can be quite unforgiving. As temperatures rise, most of us resort to keeping our homes cool by using air conditioners.
- Go Low-Tech: Bowl of Ice and a Fan.
- Cross Ventilate.
- Unclutter Your Room.
- Light It Right.
- Make Yourself a Rice Pillow.
- Bring in the Nature.
- Lessen the Load.
How can I cool my apartment without AC?
How to Keep an Apartment Cool Without Air Conditioning
- Use fans correctly.
- Close the shades during the day.
- Create a homemade solar reflector.
- Cook outside.
- The homemade air cooler.
- Put your pillow in the freezer.
- Drink lots of cold water.
- Take a cold bath or shower before bed.
How can I cool down a room without a fan?
Wet the cotton towel with water and use as screen or hang on the window. Keep the door and windows opened during night time. Close the windows when it is hot outside and even before the day heats up. Instead of bringing new air, this will circulate the hot air from out and make your room warm further.
How can I cool my water without a refrigerator?
In the absence of earthenware, wrap two pieces of thick cloth of the appropriate size around your containers. Keep both cloth wet/moist, and let nature do the rest. The old system of keeping things cool utilized the evaporation of water, which takes its latent heat from the item you want to keep cool (milk, butter etc.
How can I cool my house naturally?
Best Ways to Cool a House: Downstairs
- Draw the Blinds. While natural light is great, too much of it can turn your home into a sauna during the summer months.
- Avoid Using the Stove.
- Unplug Appliances You’re Not Using.
- Turn on Bathroom Fans.
- Opt for Breezy Clothing.
- Add Outdoor Shade.
- Switch to No-Heat Lightbulbs.
Where should a fan be to cool a room?
Window Fans To cool as much of your home as possible, tightly close windows near the fan and open windows in rooms far from the fan, preferably on the windward side of your home. Windows near cooler, shaded outdoor areas provide the best intake air.
How can I cool down my bedroom?
Ways to Cool Down a Room
- Use a Fan. The following types of fans can cool down a room:
- Use Air Conditioning. Air conditioning is extremely effective.
- Use a Portable Air Conditioner.
- Put Ice in Front of a Fan.
- Use a Dehumidifier.
- Use an Air Cooler.
- Use Your Bathroom and Kitchen Extractor Fans.
- Use a Ductless HVAC System.
How can I lower my room temperature without AC?
12 Best Tips for Cooling a Small Room without AC
- Close the Curtains During the Day, and Use Dark Ones.
- Open Windows and Interior Doors at Night.
- Place Ice or Cool Water in Front of a Fan.
- Adjust Your Ceiling Fan According to the Season.
- Sleep Low.
- Let the Night Air in.
How can I keep my house cool without AC at night?
- Sleeping Comfortably Without the AC. You can keep your house cool without adjusting the thermostat.
- Take stay- cool steps during the day.
- Make your bed right.
- Take a cool shower before bed.
- Invest in a Quality Mattress.
How can I reduce the heat in my house?
Reducing Heat Sources
- Turn Off Incandescent Lights.
- Don’t Place Lamps or TVs Near Your Air Conditioning Thermostat.
- Cook with Microwave, Barbeque or Pressure Cooker.
- Reduce Sources of Humidity.
- Seal Off Laundry Room and Line-Dry Clothes.
- Air Dry Dishes.
- Insulate Water Heater.
- Turn Off Hot Water Circulating Pump in Summer.
How can I reduce the hot air in my house?
15 Ways to Reduce Heat Inside Your Home Without Using Electricity
- Tune/Update Your Windows. If you have high windows, simply open them when it is hot outside.
- Plant a Tree.
- Paint Your Roof.
- Install External Blinds or Operable Shutters.
- Close Your Drapes.
- Cook Hot Food Outside.
- Utilize High-Reflectivity Window Film.
- Unplug Electronics.