Ferrocement plates can be made to develop same strength as that of steel plates.
* Ferrocement plates do not corrode because it has strong protective crack resistant matrix cover over the wiremesh reinforcement.
* Ferrocement plates are economical initially and during its life time because no painting is required as in the case of steel.
* Ferrocement structural section such as joists, beams, columns, channels can be manufactured.
* Ferrocement is far better energy absorbing material than steel.
* Ferrocement is fire resistant material and can resist temperatures up to 750°C for long period of 48 hours. It can be modified to resist higher temperature up to 1200-1500°C also.
* Steel plates are used as lost-shuttering for underwater construction of piers, bridges and jetty. Ferrocement plates for this purpose will be more durable and economical since there is no corrosion.
* Marine structures such as boats, barges, tankers, floating docks constructed using Ferrocement plates are more durable and economical than those constructed with steel plates.